Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My x201t review is up

 

Here it is, the full review of the Lenovo Thinkpad x201t.  I also have a first impressions post.  It was a great machine, but I think I’ll stick with my tc1100.  I had been watching craigslist and seen some good deals on this machine, the x200t, and the x61t, but none of them really fill my tablet needs better than the tc1100.  Turns out, all I really need is an electronic writing pad that can run SmartMusic.  Sure, I’d love to have more battery life and more power, but in the end, smaller wins. 

 

I’m getting closer to an iPad set up that might work.  I found a decent PDF annotator that could work for practice charts – Noterize.  Unfortunately, it doesn’t quite import the PDF right.  It comes out not centered so a bit of the right and bottom get cut off.  Also, despite finding a good stylus, it’s just not nearly as accurate as the wacom digitizer on the tc1100.  Oh, and there’s no SmartMusic on the iPad.  That’s kind of a deal breaker right now. 

 

All I want is a 12”-14” 4:3 (1400x1050) slate with a wacom digitizer and touch (that can be turned off if I don’t want to mess with it that day) with 8 hours of battery life, under 3 lbs.  Oh and it should have a core i5 processor, 4GB RAM, and 2.5” SATA SSD of 64GB or higher.  For $500.  Or less.  And a pony.  Definitely a pony.

No comments:

Post a Comment