Monday, February 7, 2011

Motion LE1600 in performance

Sorry, I don’t have a picture for this one, as I was kind of busy performing.  I used the LE1600 in a chamber music performance this past weekend to display both the Shostakovich 8th string quartet and an arrangement of 3 blues pieces for quartet.  I can safely say that it went off without a hitch.  Or well, at least the computer didn’t make any mistakes.  I used the Footime foot pedal to make my page turns, and it was just so much more convenient than trying to organize physical pages and take a hand off the instrument to make a turn.  It’s just so nice to tap with a foot and be on the next page without having to stop. 

I’ll be playing another concert this weekend, and will probably use it again even though there really aren’t any difficult page turns in this upcoming program.  The biggest advantage to using a computer at this concert will be that I won’t need a stand light.  There’s always a mess of extension cords snaking around the stage at the Pops, and I won’t need one, as my screen will light up just as bright (or not bright) as I want.  It was really great to use in the last concert, and I hope it goes well again this weekend.  I’ll find out in rehearsal tomorrow night…

No comments:

Post a Comment